Ready to take your small biz to the next level? Then it’s time to hop on the local SEO train! You might think you’re too cool for school when it comes to optimizing your online presence, but trust us, the best local SEO tool is not optional. In today’s world, dominating local search results is the key to success. Don’t believe us? Check out these stats:
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews just as much as they trust their BFF’s recommendation (BrightLocal).
- One in five local mobile searches leads to a sale within 24 hours (Google).
- Half of local mobile searchers just want to know your business’s address (Go-Globe).
- And half of those who search on their smartphones will visit your store within a day (Go-Globe).
Still not convinced? Check out the full list of local SEO stats and trends in this post and see for yourself why the best local SEO tool is a must-have for small businesses.
Table of Contents
Why Local SEO is Important
Listen up, small biz owners! Whether you’re running one location or a hundred, a strong local search presence is the secret sauce to cookin’ up more leads and conversions. So if you haven’t already, it’s time to make local SEO a staple in your overall SEO strategy.
We’ve got the goods for ya! The local SEO tools in this article have one thing in common – they’re the spices you need to spice up your local search rankings. But before we dive in, let’s make sure you’re well-equipped.
Think of local SEO as the hot sauce to your traditional SEO ketchup. It’s got a little extra kick, so if you’re new to the local SEO game, make sure you check out our Local SEO Checklist. It’s like a cheat sheet to local search optimization and will give you a basic understanding of how it works and what parts of your website you need to optimize.
Alright, now that you’re all caught up, it’s time to start cookin’ up some local SEO success. These 11 best local SEO tools will help you manage, track, and optimize your local search efforts so you can start dominating local search rankings.
19 Best Local SEO Tools
1. Semrush Listing Management Tool
With Semrush Listing Management, you can also manage your business listings across multiple platforms, and monitor customer reviews with ease. This way, you’ll always know how your business is performing in local search results and what needs to be improved.
And if checking the tool every day sounds like a chore, don’t worry – you can set it up to send you location reports via email, so you can keep track of your progress without lifting a finger! Trust us, this local SEO tool is a jack of all trades, and a master of all too.
What Makes Semrush Listing Management Great
Semrush Listing Management is like your neighborhood spy, keeping tabs on your keyword performance down to the zip code level. Want to keep an eye on your competition? No problem, Semrush’s got you covered! With this intel, you can adjust your strategy and stay ahead of the competition.
For just $20 a month, you can get the Basic plan, or upgrade to the Premium plan for $40 a month. And if you want even more top-notch features, Semrush Listing Management has got you covered with their add-on options, like their killer local listing management platform.
BrightLocal, the brainchild of Ed Eliot and Myles Anderson, is a one-stop shop for all your local SEO reporting needs. With over 10,000 loyal clients from top brands, local businesses, and agencies worldwide, BrightLocal has got your back when it comes to boosting your local search rankings.
With an arsenal of local SEO features:
- Audit Citation and NAP: Locate and monitor existing citations across thousands of sites.
- Audit Google My Business (GMB): Get a fast, detailed audit of any GMB listing.
- White-label Reporting: Easy to use client reporting system through a customizable dashboard.
- Track Search Rankings: Track hundreds of keywords across Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Clean-up and Build Citations: BrightLocal’s team manually fixes and builds citations on over 1400+ sites.
- Monitor Online Reviews: Monitor reviews across 20 sites including Facebook, GMB, Yelp, Tripadvisor, and Foursquare.
- Generate SEO Reports: Generate easy-to-read SEO reports.
Starting at just $29 a month for monitoring up to three locations, BrightLocal is a steal! And the best part? You can try before you buy with their 14-day free trial, allowing you to test drive their key features and see what all the buzz is about.
3. Moz Local
Looking to level up your local SEO game? Look no further than Moz Local! Developed by the infamous Moz, this popular local SEO tool will give your business the boost it needs to dominate in the local search rankings.
With Moz Local, your business listings will be correct, consistent, and visible across the web like never before. Say goodbye to duplicate business listings and hello to easy updates – Moz Local has got you covered. So, join the Moz movement and let your local SEO strategy soar!
Here are some of the key features you’ll get access to when you sign up for Moz Local:
- Local Listings Dashboard: Manage, track, and optimize your online listings and gain key insights into their health and performance.
- Instant Directory and Aggregator Submission: Moz Local distributes your listing information in real-time to the key directories and essential data aggregators.
- Google My Business Sync: Moz Local enables you to claim your Google My Business (GMB) listing and sync any changes to your GMB profile.
- Real-time Update Distribution: When you update basic or enhanced listing data, Moz Local automatically sends out that information across the Local Search ecosystem.
- Distribution Reporting: Quickly assess the effectiveness of your published listings over time. Reported metrics include Average Score, Listing Reach, and Listing Accuracy. In addition to this, you’ll receive automated tracking PDF reports with weekly insights.
- Review Monitoring: Monitor the latest reviews and ratings of your business on the most popular sites from one place.
- Review Management for Google: In addition to viewing and reporting on all reviews, Moz Local enables you to respond to Google reviews directly.
Who says SEO has to break the bank? Not Moz Local! This handy tool won’t make you mortgage your house or sell your firstborn, unlike some other SEO tools out there.
With Moz Local, you can choose a plan that fits your budget, starting at just a mere $14/month.
For those in need of a little extra love, the premium plan is available for $33/month. Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too?
GrowthBar, the swiss-army knife of SEO tools, gives you the lowdown on all your local SEO needs! It’s like having a sidekick who whispers insider info in your ear. And the cherry on top?
It’s got a Google Chrome extension that lets you sleuth out all the best local SEO secrets without ever leaving your browser. It’s like a superhero’s utility belt for all your local SEO needs!
Just activate the extension and type in a local search query on Google – GrowthBar will then unleash a list of keyword suggestions complete with search volume and CPC data. Time to unleash your inner detective!
With GrowthBar, you’ll have the power of a local SEO superhero! Say goodbye to guessing what your competition is up to and hello to total domination in the local search arena.
With just a few clicks, you’ll have all their secret keyword weapons displayed right before your eyes. And with monthly search volume and ranking position data, you’ll have the inside scoop to help you blast past them in local search rankings. Get ready to soar to the top of the SERP mountain!
Price: Free; paid plans start from $29/mo
5. Serpstat Local SEO
Serpstat’s Local SEO tool is like having a personal superhero sidekick that’ll take care of your business’s reputation with ease. You can finally sit back, relax, and let Serpstat do the heavy lifting while you sip on a margarita.
With just a few clicks, you can update your business information across all the major directories, from Google Maps to TripAdvisor, and even BAIDU (for all you international jet-setters out there). So, say goodbye to manual data entry and hello to a world where your local SEO is taken care of.
Here’s what you can do with Serpstat’s Local SEO tool:
- Location profile: edit one location profile instead of separately editing each directory.
- Synchronization: sync the data across dozens of local directories in a few clicks.
- Location editing: update opening hours, products, services, menus, and other information.
- Statistical analysis: track dynamics of clicks, impressions, photos views, and rating activity.
- Manage reputation: talk to customers and reply to reviews. Engage in social media: post news, photos, and videos.
Price:$20 per location per month
Founded by Local SEO extraordinaire Darren Shaw in 2005, Whitespark started out as a humble web design agency and has since evolved into a one-stop-shop for all things local SEO.
With a plethora of tools and services at their disposal, Whitespark has become a household name for businesses and agencies looking to dominate the local search scene. Their Citation Finder tool is a fan favorite, loved by marketing agencies and businesses worldwide.
Whitespark is your trusty sidekick in your local search adventures, helping you put your best foot forward, woo potential customers, and boss the local search rankings. With Whitespark on your team, you’re ready to take on the world of local search and come out on top!
Whitespark provides the following tools to manage and optimize your website for local searches:
- Local Citation Finder: helps you find all the critical citation opportunities you’re missing, so you can increase your local search rankings.
- Local Rank Tracker: allows you to monitor your local and organic search performance.
- Reputation Builder: allows you to review your business on popular platforms and bring more business through the door.
- Link Prospector: help you automate your link prospecting and find more link building opportunities.
Not to mention, you get access to their suite of free local SEO tools, like the Review Handout Generator, Google Review Link Generator, and Offline Conversion Tracker.
Now, you might be thinking “what’s the catch?” when it comes to pricing. Well, my friend, the catch is that you’ll have to do a little digging on their website to find out.
But according to the founder himself in a blog post, local SEO packages start at a modest $100 per location, for up to 5 industry/local sites. Not too shabby, right?
Ready for a wild ride to local search dominance? Look no further than Uberall, the leading provider of local listings management for the big dogs and media moguls of the business world!
With their focus on data quality, you can bet your bottom dollar that your business listings will be optimized for search across the whole local search universe.
And what’s more, Uberall has been around the block a few times, so they’ve got the hook-ups! They’re BFFs with all the big players in the navigation and mapping industry, like Google, TomTom, Apple, and HERE. Plus, they’ve already published over 600,000 businesses on the map and have over 500 happy companies trustin’ their ride to local search success.
So buckle up and let’s hit the road!
Uberall’s local marketing solutions include:
- Google My Business Management: Uberall’s deeply embedded relationship with Google’s GMB location content platform makes update your listings fast and easy.
- Local Listings Management: Uberall’s Local Listings Management removes bad business listings from the eco-system to ensure that only the most accurate local listings data is presented at the moment of search.
- Local Data Optimization: With Location Data Optimization, Uberall prevents errors from occurring in how your business is listed and syndicated across the web.
- Local Search: With Uberall’s powerful platform, you can ensure that your listings are claimed, verified and optimized for local search so they will rank high in the map search results.
GeoRanker, the one-stop shop for all your local SEO needs, has a toolbox chock-full of goodies to help you soar to the top of the local search rankings. With its collection of local SEO tools, you can find local citations faster than a speedster superhero, and track your search rankings like a hawk. Say goodbye to struggling with local SEO, and hello to GeoRanker!
GeoRanker provides the following local search marketing tools to help grow your business:
- Local Citation Finder: GeoRanker creates citations for your business on the best websites for your industry.
- Local Rank Checker & Tracker: This tool checks the website ranking and shows exactly the position in real-time for the targeted locations, either cities or countries.
- Keywords Density Tool: This tool helps with the measurement of the number of times a keyword or phrase appears compared to the total number of words in a web page.
With GeoRanker, you can use their local SEO tools for free, but just like a public library, there’s a limited amount of books you can check out at one time.
So if you’re a local search ninja with a ton of locations and keywords to track, it might be time to upgrade to one of their fancy paid plans, starting from the reasonable price of $99/month.
Synup is the local SEO software of the future! With this magical tool, you’ll be able to see how your business is soaring (or floundering) on all the most important directories, search engines, and review sites.
In fact, it’s already helping over 55,000 local businesses achieve their wildest dreams (or avoid their worst nightmares). So go ahead, give Synup a try and watch your local SEO skyrocket!
Here are some of the features Synup provides:
- Location Management: makes managing your location super easy.
- Crawl All Listings: crawls 200+ local search engines and directories to catch data inconsistencies.
- Instant-Sync: syncs your business and location data across different sites.
- Niche Specific: allows you to manage industry and niche-specific sites.
- Monitor Interactions: allows you to get instant notifications when customers leave a review or social comment.
- Respond Back: integrated workflow allows you to respond back to reviews from within the tool.
- Analytics: lets you automatically track web rankings, traffic and more.
- Widgets: allows you to use widgets to display your location and reputation data anywhere.
And if you’re on a tight budget, you might have to save up a bit before splurging on this fancy local SEO software. But hey, good things don’t come cheap, right? It’s like buying a luxurious sports car – it’s going to cost you an arm and a leg, but the ride will be worth it!
So go ahead and treat yourself to a little local SEO luxury with Synup, starting at $30/location per month.
Yext is like the “queen bee” of local SEO – everyone wants a piece of it! And it’s not hard to see why. Yext is the solution for businesses who want to put their best foot forward in the local search world, and leave a lasting impression on their customers.
It’s like a fairy godmother for businesses, waving its magic wand to make sure your listings, pages, and reviews are all perfectly polished. With Yext by your side, you’ll be the talk of the town, as people flock to your door to bask in your brand’s radiance.
So, go ahead and give Yext a whirl – it’s sure to be a magical experience!
With Yext, your business will never have to settle for a subpar online presence again. Whether you need to clean up your data, get rid of duplicates, or show off your locations to the world, Yext has got you covered.
They’ll even play wingman for your Google My Business, making sure your updates get published with ease. Yext Pages will ensure your business gets noticed, and their Listings management team will introduce your business to all the right search engines and social networks.
Yext is like the “thrift store” of local SEO services, offering a steal of a deal for their starter plan!
For only $4 a week, you can have access to all the sweet, sweet tools that’ll make your business shine brighter than a diamond.
11. Local SEO Checklist
If you’re a cheapskate (and let’s face it, who isn’t these days?) then Local SEO Checklist is the tool for you! This bad boy is powered by the amazing Synup and is absolutely, positively, 100% free of charge.
That’s right, you don’t even have to sell your soul to use it. With 40 different options that tell you exactly what you need to do to optimize your site for local search rankings, it’s like having your own personal Local SEO guru at your fingertips. Use it as your trusty guide to lead you on your journey to local search domination!
- Schema Scanner: find out whether you have relevant schema marked up content and get a list of pages that do not have schema installed.
- Google Checker: Use this tool to see if your business listing meets Google My Business guidelines.
- Small Business Checklist: Small Business Checklist is a comprehensive list of common tasks that all aspiring entrepreneurs must do in order to materialize their business idea.
12. Semrush Position Tracking Tool
The Position Tracking tool is like your personal detective, always on the case to find out where your website ranks for your custom set of keywords.
It’s like a GPS for your website’s search engine rankings, with the added bonus of being able to target specific devices or locations. Just imagine being able to compare your website’s performance to your competitors like a seasoned spy.
And with the handy mobile app, you can be in the know even when you’re out and about, tracking your campaigns like a ninja.
With BiQ, you’ll be laughing all the way to the top of the search rankings! This powerful tool offers real-time monitoring for up to 1,000 of your most important keywords, with support for multiple languages and even a mobile app for monitoring on the go.
But that’s not all, oh no! BiQ also provides top-notch keyword analysis that’ll help boost your visibility and rankings like never before.
With its rank intelligence feature, you’ll be able to uncover the secret content gap between you and your competitors and finally take the lead. And, if you’re ever stuck for ideas, BiQ has got you covered with its fantastic content and marketing strategy generator. Get ready to rule the search rankings with BiQ!
14. Surfer Local
Surfer Local is like a superhero in the world of local SEO, swooping in to save the day with its amazing free visibility check tool! With just a few clicks, you can see how your business is faring on Google, and get the lowdown on what your competitors are up to.
And the best part? You don’t have to give up your firstborn, sign up for a mailing list, or fill out any pesky forms. It’s all completely free!
15. Google Business Profile
Why settle for a plain old yellow pages listing when you can shine brighter than the sun with a Google Business Profile? This is the ultimate local SEO tool, folks!
Not only does it help customers find your business with a snap of their fingers, but it also helps you keep your information up to date, like a digital secretary on steroids.
And the fun doesn’t stop there! You can also spy on your competition, see what they’re up to, and respond to any juicy reviews they might be getting.
Plus, the “book an appointment” feature is like the cherry on top of a delicious SEO sundae. So go ahead, give your business a boost and hop on the Google Business Profile train!
16. Google Keywords Planner
Looking to supercharge your Local SEO efforts? Google Ads’ Keyword Planner tool is like the Swiss Army knife of local search optimization tools.
While you might initially think of it as a tool for planning PPC campaigns, it has some sneaky tricks up its sleeve that you won’t want to miss.
For example, have you ever checked out the competition column? It’s like a crystal ball that gives you a glimpse into how fierce the competition will be for your target keyword. It’s like having a secret weapon in your Local SEO arsenal!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. If you really want to dive into the nitty-gritty of using Google Keyword Planner for both SEO and PPC campaigns, be sure to check out our comprehensive guide. Trust us, you won’t regret it!
17. Google Search Console
Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the wizard behind the magic of keeping your website Google-friendly: the Google Search Console!
This fantastic tool will help you keep tabs on all the keywords that Google deems worthy of ranking your site for, and show you just how many pages of your site the search giant has deemed worthy of indexing.
And that’s not all! With the Google Search Console, you’ll be able to take a sneak peek into your website’s performance, including the number of clicks and impressions it’s raking in.
Want to know if your mobile site is up to snuff? No problemo! The mobile usability section has got you covered, highlighting any hiccups or hurdles your site may be facing on the go.
So don’t wait, get your hands on the Google Search Console and solve those indexing issues before they become bigger problems!
18. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is the gift that keeps on giving! Not only does it track and report website traffic, but it also gives you the skinny on how many people are stopping by your site on the daily.
And if you’re feeling a little curious, you can even check out which third-party websites sent you some love in the form of traffic.
But wait, there’s more! This web analytics wizard also keeps tabs on how long people are sticking around, how many pages they’re checking out, and even gives you a little demographic intel to help you craft your marketing strategy like a boss. Talk about a win-win!
19. Google Trends
Step aside all you fancy SEO tools, there’s a new trendsetter in town – Google Trends! It’s the cool kid of the block that knows all the hottest keywords and phrases.
This trendy tool can tell you which keywords are sizzlin’ hot and which are just so last season. With its search volume index and geographical information, you can make sure your marketing campaigns are always on-trend and ahead of the competition.
But wait, there’s more! Google Trends can also give you the inside scoop on what searches are likely to direct people straight to your website. So go ahead, make your SEO strategy fashionable with the help of Google Trends.
2 thoughts on “The Ultimate Guide to Finding the Best Local SEO Tool: Top 19 Options”
Pingback: What Is Backlinking In SEO? A Complete Guide | 2023
Pingback: Why Citations Are Important To Enhance Your SEO & Online Visibility | 2023